- Unable to delete Notes applications either from Local or from a server. (Notes just crashed).
- Opening Designer crashed Notes immediately.
- Installed FP3.
- Offline compact, fixup and updall against the entire data directory.
- Ensured that ODS was updated to version 51 on all system databases.
- Uninstall / Re-install the application (after a registry sweep to ensure all gremlins were gone).
- Disable all client add-ins (there was just one).
(Corrupted is a word which gets used far too often in Notes world in my view! If the file were really corrupted, I wouldn't be able to use the thing at all, right? I'm pretty sure I'd struggle to find a dictionary definition for "corrupted" meaning "kinda works sometimes").
So I renamed bookmark.nsf to oldbookmark.nsf. On restarting the client a new bookmark.nsf was spawned (you need a bookmark.ntf in your data directory if that doesn't happen for you) and suddenly my issues went away.
What have I lost by doing this? Actually, not much. Here's what I found:
- My client preferences were retained.
- My Domino Administrator server bookmarks and domains were retained.
- My Domino Designer bookmarks were retained.
- My workspace icons were retained.
- My homepage was lost (I was only using the default anyway - no big deal).
- The links in my "Open" list (I had links to my Traveler.nsf and a couple of spreadsheets there) were lost.
I highly recommended this to anyone else who has been suffering from the same issue!